As a customer, owner and earth lover I do care about our environment. Although BOUJEE OFFICIAL is not 100% sustainable brand, I try my best to take little baby steps towards becoming a fully sustainable brand in the future. When it comes to packaging, I personally believe that less is more, therefore as a company we’ve made a conscious decision to package all of our orders as minimally and eco friendly as possible. That's why we will only use our eco-friendly boxes for more than one item orders, and all one item orders will be packaged in our compostable mailers only.
GOOD TO KNOW: We use either reusable, recyclable, water soluble or biodegradable packaging from companies that contribute to positive environmental change.
Here are some details about our packaging.
WATER SOLUBLE & BIODEGRADABLE POLY BAGS
Our poly bags are no ordinary bags!
- 100% non toxic, including the inks.
- Water soluble.
- Carbon negative
- Less raw materials used for production compared to plastic polypropylene or polyethylene bags.
Our poly bags made from Hydropol, a modified polymer similar to polyvinyl alcohol, the material used to coat dishwasher and laundry tablets means they dissolve in hot water and leave no microplastics behind. Remove all labels, place it in boiling water, stir and it will dissolve in seconds.
However, if you are unable to do that do not worry, this bag is also biodegradable! Compost bin is not required.
We use The Wastebased bags. As they have partnered with Ecologi to offset 200% of their total carbon footprint via tree planting and carbon reduction projects, that means that every compostable mailer & polybag is effectively carbon negative. By a lot.
Our mailers are non-toxic, carbon negative and compostable.
Our boxes are eco-friendly.
100% ORGANIC COTTON HANG TAG STRINGS
Our hang tag strings are made from 100% organic cotton.
Our hag tags are made from Mohawk Superfine paper.
- Mohawk Superfine is certified by Preferred by Nature (NEPCon) for FSC® Standards. NC-COC-000668.
- 100% of the electricity used to manufacture Mohawk Superfine is matched with Green-e certified wind energy.
- All virgin fiber content of Mohawk paper is elemental chlorine free (ECF);
- and all recycled fiber content of Mohawk paper is process chlorine free (PCF).